Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Beer Can Chicken

I don't know, this seems hilarious to me..BEER CAN CHICKEN..haha..
Just read about it in today (10/08/10) The Star newspaper, perhaps the insert pictures caught my eyes and after went through the whole writing, I realised that it is nothing new but definitely fresh to me!

 Look at this, it's like a chicken sitting on grill waiting to be eaten..hahaha..
Here are some important notes on BCC I've jotted down which may be useful to you (if you wanna try this at home)....
It is not compulsorily to use BEER can (as it may be non-Halal to some of our friends), instead of that, we can opt to use any soda can.  
Though, the logic behind using a beer can is that beer helps steam the chicken without giving it any beer flavouring and ensures that it will not be overcooked or dry. Still, I'm pretty sure any soda can will do about the same.  
       It was stated that its BEST to grill the BCC over indirect heat (away from the heat source) for even results. By doing this, we can prevent burning or charring of the legs, which are closest to the heat source.
       Once the chicken is done, be very careful when removing it from the grill. (Wild guess--due to explosive or burning ability of alcohol??) The best way is to slide a spatula under the can and using a metal thong, hold the neck steadily before transferring to a plate. 
       May be I should try out this out...

Look at this, there are even grilling accessories to hold the beer cans!


* credited to The Star Susan M. Selasky.

No comments:

Post a Comment