Monday, August 9, 2010

Serial Killer Daniel Camargo Barbosa

 
 Cover of the book

In the Encyclopedia of Serial Killer by Brian Lane and Wilfred Gregg (1992), with a cup of hot Green Tea in my hand, I read about an interesting short story of Daniel Camargo Barbosa. It was really thrilling that I figure must be shared with you.


             Daniel Camargo Barbosa had been convicted in Colombia for brutally raped and murdered his 9 yr old victim. Though in 1986, he escaped from prison to Ecuador and commenced nationwide series of killing young children. When he was finally arrested, he admitted to a total of 71 murders!!
             51 young girls disappeared in just a period of 14 months! At 3 of the known murder scenes, a similar clue was found--a discarded sweet wrapping paper which was believed to be used to lure the children before raping and killing them.
             When Camargo was finally captured, he admitted the killings and led investigators to the bodies of 6 recent victims. He confirmed to the police that the children had been lured with sweets and ballpoint pens, and he gave a cynical and kinky explanation for choosing children that he wanted virgins "because they cried" this apparently gave him greater satisfaction!! What an animal!
             At his trial in September 1989, incredibly he was sentenced to only 16 years imprisonment---the maximum punishment under Ecuador's criminal code!
             Does it means I will still get a 16 years of imprisonment even though i killed 709 people, did 5 arson and say 65 kidnaps in Ecuador??Lets hope Antonio Valencia won't kill somebody.. wow..that's amazing and wicked!
             Thadah!! It was reported that he died in prison murdered by Luis Masache Narvaez, one of his victim's cousin..what goes around, comes around..

3 comments:

  1. He killed one of my friends around my neighborhood. We were only 5 or 6 years old. I still remember when I got the sad news of her death. They found her in a wood area across the street from my house.He was an animal, she was only a little girl! I still get goosebumps just to think that it could have been me. Is horrible to remember the story even now that im' 33 years old. yoviespi@hotmail.com my mail just in case u want to hear my memories of the tragedy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's "tada". Not "Thadah"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bloggers and friends,

    Check out my blog of Movies and books at:

    www.ink2quill.com

    I2Q

    ReplyDelete