Friday, August 6, 2010

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest

I have never imagined myself sitting and watching a movie morbidly taking up 2-3 hours of my time. To be frank, I'm not (well, I was not) a movie bimbo type of person. I didn't bother about introduction of a movie, didn't bother about the plot, didn't bother about the ending, not even the title, all I have wanted to see was the climax "Come on, don't give me all these shits,tell me straight to the point what's these all about."
I personally defined Movies as - Collections of faking individuals communicating in scenes and through actions that beat around the bush and ending up beating around more bushes.
but when I'm writing this blog, I realised that my previous interpretations on movies clearly illuminate my personality to others. As simple as not wanting to proceed according to a movie and wanting to jump to the climax and conclusion reflects how ignorant I was towards the process of life. It is like to achieve something without working hard on it. Something like, taking the easy steps.


Oh my, somebody must be familiar with this..yes, that is peculiar Jack Nicholson in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest(1975). It was a novel turned movie of the 1962 novel by Ken Kensey. I was truly overwhelmed by the contents of the story regarding R.P. McMurphy (Jack) in his short stay evaluation at a mental institution. His stay brought changes to the ward both positively and negatively. At the end of the movie, when he tried to escape from the institution to freedom, authority caught him and done some irreversible damage to him which has indirectly forced him to expiry.
          This movie has me opened up to issues on how millions of people are treated daily. It does not need to be specifically in a mental institution. but try to think that when you are eating your favourite meat at Chili's Restaurant, well, it could be as simple as while you are walking on a pedestrian path to IOI Mall, whistling, someone on one side of the world is being treated against the simplest moralities, but sadly, We are too occupied to realise so little..

No comments:

Post a Comment